Functions of the Irish Council for Science, Technology and Innovation (ICSTI)
- To advise on science and technology policy-related issues in response to specific requests from the Government (through the Minister responsible for Science and Technology) or from the Board of Forfás.
- To advise the Minister responsible for Science and Technology, the Office of Science and Technology and the Board of Forfás, on the Council's own initiative, on policy for science and technology and on related matters.
- To advise the Minister on the strategy for the preparation and implementation of national programmes in science and technology.
- To advise the Minister on the strategic direction for State investment in science, technology and innovation.
- To undertake from time to time such other functions as the Minister may decide. In this case the information sought is to be submitted to the Minister.